- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Hotel pickup included
We will drive up north to the sunbaked plains of Alentejo, a winemaking region that stretches from the Spanish border to the Algarve in the south. Upon arrival in Alentejo, visit a local winery and discover the process behind producing these wines. Then put your palette to the test during a wine tasting of reds and whites as well as degustation of local products such as cheese, chouriço (smoked pork sausage), smoked ham and bread.
Then it will be time to break for lunch and tuck into a tasty 2-course meal at either the first or second winery depending on the size of the group.
Continue on to the second winery in Alentejo, which has a long-standing winemaking tradition and a stellar reputation for producing intense and fruity ruby-colored reds. Venture out into the neatly pruned vines during a guided vineyard tour and learn about the climate and local varietals. Compound your newfound knowledge during another wine tasting session, where a tutor will talk you through the complex flavors of each style.
Afterward, settle into the car for a scenic drive back to Lisbon, in late afternoon be dropped off at a choice of two centrally located points; Marquês de Pombal or Rossio.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Alentejo Wine Tour from Lisbon Including Lunch
- Hotel pickup
- Drop-off at 2 centrally located points
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- 8 wine tastings
- Chorizo and cheese sampling at the second winery tasting
- 2-course lunch in traditional restaurant
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that infants and children occupy a seat
- Maximum of 8 persons per vehicle
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Joan F, June 2016
This tour made our holiday in Lisbon, we had such fun!! our tour operator I think her name was Michaela was amazing so full of knowledge about the areas we went to see, nothing was too much for her and the host of one of the wineries Anna was fantastic too!! If you go to Lisbon its so worth taking this tour - its personal, you learn a lot about the country and the wine and best of all you get to meet the others on your tour. eight of us in total, We met up again afterwards!!! Were still talking about it to our friends - highly reccommended.
Reviewed by: Gillian M, May 2016
A great tour for someone wanting to know more about wine and explore a new wine region. The vineyards were different so you could taste a variety of wines and the food was very tasty.